My name is Aneta Baklová. I have a doctorate of ethology (animal psychology) and bioacoustics (animal communication) passed at the Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, the Faculty of Tropical AgriSciences. I studied a postgraduate course Wildlife management in English at the same university. I passed my undergraduate studies at the Faculty of agrobiology, food and natural resources. I dedicated my bachelor’s dissertation to guinea pigs, their illnesses and prevention, my master’s and doctoral thesis were dedicated to guinea pigs’ communication. My scientific papers were published in journals Acta Veterinaria and Primates. In 2020, I have finished my study of Psychology in Prague University of Psychosocial Studies.
My training, courses and other
I used to do an internship in Prague Zoo where I adopt some animals now. I also worked in my university’s barn where we had farm and laboratory animals. I assisted with hippotherapy in Hucul Club for 6 years and I worked in pet shops Pet center for 2 years. I passed a canistherapy course in HelpPes organization and so many more. I take part in a few organizations for animals’ rights as a volunteer (CSOP, Sea Shepherd, PETA etc.), I ride horses and I always use cosmetics not tested on animals. Ocassionally I write articles about animals to several magazines. You can also see me in TV programs in some “hobby show”. In my free time, I take care of my pets, I study animal sciences by reading scientific papers and books, I draw and paint and I help in close vet clinic.
I love animals since ever. In my life, I have always been surrounded by many of them such as horses, dogs, cats, guinea pigs, rabbits, hamsters, parakeets or degus. I liked them all and I can not forget any of them. I dedicated my entire life to animals, they mean everything to me. Thanks to them I am the person who I am and do what I do. My love for animals has inspired me to pet sitting. I offer you pet sitting while you are on holiday and have nobody to take care of your animal. I make the effort to satisfy you and your pet, to be responsible, flexible, make quick arrangements and mainly provide professional care of your pet.
My scientific papers
- Baklová A., Baranyiová E. 2018. Ultrasonic vocalization in Guinea Pigs (Cavia porcellus), Zoological Days 2018, Prague, p28.
- Baklová A, Baranyiová E, Šimánková H. 2016. Antipredator behaviour of domestic guinea pigs (Cavia porcellus). Acta Veterinaria Brno 85: 293-301.
- Schneiderová I, Singh NJ, Baklová A, Smetanová M, Gomiz N, Lhota S. 2020. Northern lesser galagos (Galago senegalensis) increase the production of loud calls before and at dawn. Primates 61: 331–338.
- Schneiderová I, Singh NJ, Baklová A, Smetanová M, Lhota S. 2016. Call me to sleep together! Vocal activity of Senegal lesser galagos peaks early in the morning, Zoologické dny, České Budějovice, p197.
- Baklová A, Baranyiová E. 2014. Reaction to predators in guinea pigs (Cavia porcellus), Tropentag, Prague, p216.
- Baklová A, Policht R. 2011. Vokální ontogeneze morčete domácího (Cavia porcellus), 38.etologická konference v Kostelci nad Černými lesy, Kostelec nad Černými lesy, p39. Oral presentation.